Do you enjoy building protypes? Designing testing, creating protocols, and analyzing results? THE RIGHT STAFF is currently seeking a Principal Technician to support a Medical Device Company in Brooklyn Park. We are seeking someone with 9+ years of R&D test designing experience, prior medical device experience is highly preferred. This would be a Temp to Hire role.
The Principal Technician will work independently to build prototypes, design test fixtures, manufacturing tooling and processes, conduct testing of medical devices, create protocols and reports on equipment and processes, and train others in test methods. They will analyze test results, including performing statistical analysis on the data and interpreting the results in reports.
• Responsible for the planning, execution, analysis and reporting of medical device product performance testing.
• Develop and write test protocols and reports, directing and organizing other Technicians in testing and analysis activities.
• Conduct gage R&R and test method validation studies
• Develop test and assembly fixtures and recommend and use appropriate test or production equipment.
• Train engineering staff in the use of test and assembly fixtures, test or production equipment.
• Plan, organize, train and direct other Technicians in testing, analysis, building, and repair activities.
• Lead the planning and organization direction of other technicians in design and build of new test or assembly fixtures and/or tooling and repair or upgrade of existing fixtures/ tooling /equipment.
• Assemble and test R&D conceptual phase mechanical prototypes according to verbal direction from engineering staff with minimal documentation
• Coordinate and utilize external resources such as vendors and sister sites to resolve technical issues or improve processes or products
• Perform testing, analyze data statistically, interpret results, and create reports.
• Create solid models for test fixtures, design fixtures, modify existing designs, and work with the machine shop or 3D printer to fabricate designs.
• Take precise measurements of components parts. Provide design input on rework and modification of products. Rework/modify products to achieve proper function. Update solid models and drawing with proposed changes. Work with Model Shop, 3D Printer or outside vendor to create prototypes reflecting these modifications.
• Manage lab infrastructure which may include calibration, safety, maintenance of equipment, cleaning services, and hazardous waste removal.
• Associate's Engineering degree preferred or equivalent. Upon manager discretion at least three years' experience successfully executing a majority of the required duties listed above constitutes equivalence.
• Bachelor's degree a plus.
• Or 9+ years experience designing test, tool assembly fixtures production process and complex electromechanical testing and assembly.
• Medical device experience is desired.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Good manual dexterity and the ability to operate electromechanical measurement/test equipment and prototype tool/fixtures.
• Ability to create, read and properly interpret engineering drawings and take technical instruction from co-workers, supervisors and other professional personnel.
• Ability to plan, schedule, train, recommend and direct peers and subordinate technical personnel in testing, assembly, repair and analysis of medical devices.
• Ability to model and perform simple design work in SolidWorks required.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: www.therightstaff.com
THE RIGHT STAFF wants to help you succeed! Our team of seasoned professionals works to match you to the best job, best fit, and best location. Temporary assignments to full-time permanent positions, we are here to assist you! Let us help YOU create YOUR success!